Natural Healing Search:
Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) formerly known as L. officinalis, Lavendula is a flowering plant in the family Lamiaceae (mint), native to the Mediterranean.
- reduced anxiety and depression-like behavior.
- Anxiolytic (anti-anxiety)
- Demonstrated a striking antidepressant effect. It also resulted in an improvement in general health issues.
- Improved scopolamine-induced memory impairment.
Disease / Symptom Treatment
- Neurodegenerative Disease
- Alzheimser's: Improves and prevents memory impairment.
- Depression: The combination of Lavender with anti-depressant drugs such as, citalopram and imipramine, was reported to be more effective as compared to the drugs alone.
- Insomnia: treatment for mild insomnia.
- Aromatherapy with lavender demonstrated a positive impact on insomnia and depression.
Title: Neuropharmacology of Lavender, Rosemary and Salvia
Author(s): Amritpal Singh Saroya, Jaswinder Singh
Institution(s): Herbal Consultant Mohali, India; Department of PharmacologySri Guru Ram Das Institute of Medical Science Amritsar, India
Publication: Pharmacotherapeutic Potential of Natural Products in Neurological Disorders
Abstract: English lavender and true lavender are common names of L. officinalis. The plant belongs to the family Lamiaceae and is native to the Mediterranean.
Citations: ↩ ↩ ↩ ↩ ↩