- Promotes Healthy Gut Bacteria. 3
- The complex carbohydrate Inulin, contained in Maple Syrup, acts as a prebiotic and works to encourage the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut. 3
- Phenolic-enriched maple syrup extract. 2
- Has potential as a dietary agent against diseases mediated by oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Anti-oxidative (antioxidant)
- colon health
- Antimicrobial activity of a phenolic-rich maple syrup extract 4
- Strong synergistic interaction with selected antibiotics 4
- Phenolic-rich maple syrup extract significantly repressed multiple-drug resistance genes as well as genes associated with motility, adhesion, biofilm formation, and virulence.
1: Wikipedia, Maple Syrup ↩
2: Royal Society of Chemistry: Food & Function Journal, Jan 2017 ↩
3: EurekAlert! by the American Association for the Advancement of Science, April 2017 ↩
4: The American Society for Microbiology, March 2015 ↩
5: The Journal of Agriculture and Food Chemistry, American Chemical Society, April 2016 ↩